Crawford County Health Department
The Mission of the Crawford County Health Department is to provide preventive healthcare services to the whole community.
Looking for environmental health services? Visit our Crawford County Environmental Health page.
141 McCrary Avenue
Roberta, GA 31078
(478) 836-3167 Office
(478) 836-2629 Fax
(478) 836-3167 Environmental Health
County Nurse Manager:
Melissa Smith, RN
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Closed on State-Observed Holidays
WIC clinic held on Wednesday and Friday
Programs and Services Offered:
- B-12 Injection (as ordered by a physician)
- Babies Can’t Wait Referrals
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program
- Environmental Health
- Family Planning – Birth Control Choices Video
- Flu & Pneumonia Injections
- Genetic Counseling
- Genetics Screening
- Head Lice Checks
- Health Check
- Health Education Programs
- Hematocrit-Hemoglobin Checks
- HIV Testing
- Mammogram Referrals
- Maternal Health
- PKU/Sickle Cell Service
- Pregnancy Testing
- Scoliosis Screening
- STD Testing
- TB Testing & Treatment
- Vision, Hearing, & Dental Screenings
Service Fees & Insurance:
Small fees are charged for some services such as: immunizations, water sampling and septic tank inspections and permits.
Some services are charged on a sliding scale determined by client income. Medicaid/Medicare are billed for participating clients with presentation of card at the time of visit.
No one is denied service because of inability to pay or lack of insurance.