ServSafe Manager Training
April 5 @ 9:00 am - April 6 @ 5:00 pm
The Macon-Bibb County Health Department and Macon Bibb Cooperative Extension are teaming up to host a ServSafe Manager Training and Exam session April 5 & 6 at the Macon-Bibb County Health Department.
This course is designed people responsible for demonstrating knowledge of food-borne disease prevention such as Food Service Managers, Environmental Health Specialists, and Nutrition Program Directors. The course will give you knowledge to improve your food safety and sanitation skills through a nationally recognized food safety course. This DHR-approved course includes:
- A new 6th Edition Manager book
- 1.5 days of instruction by certified ServSafe Trainers of the Univesity of Georgia Cooperative Extension Office
- A certificate from National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) issued upon successful completion of the exam
The class will be divided into two separate days, April 5 and 6, with each day beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 5 p.m.
- Providing safe food
- Forms of contamination
- The safe foodhandler
- The flow of food: introduciton
- The flow of food: purchasing, receiving & storage
- The flow of food: preparation
- The flow of food: service
- Food safety management systems
- Safe facilities and pest management
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Review for exam
- Certification exam
One registration form must be completed and submitted for each person attending the course. Payment must included with the registration form to guarantee a seat in class and course materials. No walk-in registration will be accepted. Seating is limited and registrations are processed in the order they are received. Each participant must attend both days of the course as listed. Substitutions can be made with prior notice. Cancellations have a $50 non-refundable fee.
The course fee is $140 ($170 if registering after the deadline) and includes course instruction, a manager book, workshop supplies, certification exam and breaks.
The deadline to register for this course is Friday, March 24 or when the class is full.
For information to register call 478-751-6338.
Fill out the registration form and include the $140 ($170 after deadline) fee.