Putnam County Health Department
About the Putnam County Health Department:
The Mission of the Putnam County Health Department is to provide preventive healthcare services to the whole community. Make sure to follow Putnam County Health Department on Facebook to receive information on local events, emergency information and more!
Looking for environmental health services? Visit the Putnam County Environmental Health page.
117 Putnam Drive, Suite C
P.O. Box 3776
Eatonton, GA 31024
(706) 485-8591 Office
(706) 485-2018 Fax
(706) 485-8591 Environmental Health
County Nurse Manager:
Peggy Petitt, RN
Environmental Health County Manager:
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Closed on State-Observed Holidays
Visit the Upcoming Events page for a full list of upcoming meetings.
Programs and Services Offered:
- B-12 Injections (as ordered by a physician)
- Babies Can’t Wait Referrals
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program
- Environmental Health
- Evaluation of Existing Sewage & Water Systems
- Family Planning – Birth Control Choices Video
- Flu & Pneumonia Injections
- Genetics Couseling
- Genetics Screening
- Head Lice Checks
- Health Check
- Health Education Programs
- Hematocrit-Hemoglobin Checks
- HIV Testing
- Injury Control Program
- Mammogram Referrals
- Maternal Health
- Personal Care Home Program
- PKU/Sickle Cell Service
- Pregnancy Testing
- TB Screening
- TB Skin Testing & Chest X-rays
- Scoliosis Screening
- STD Testing
- Vision, Hearing & Dental Screening
Service Fees & Insurance:
Small fees are charged for some services such as: immunizations, water sampling and septic tank inspections and permits.
Some services are charged on a sliding scale determined by client income. Medicaid/Medicare are billed for participating clients with presentation of card at the time of visit.
Services may be covered by insurance plans provided by:
- United Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for immunizations only
Contact the health department for more information on what insurance we accept. No one is denied service because of inability to pay or lack of insurance.